718 424-6412, 200 Park Avenue, Suite 1700, New York, NY 10166


  • Assist United States (U.S.) citizens and Legal Permanent Residents (green card holders) to submit family-based visa petitions to sponsor relatives for legal permanent residence status.
  • US citizens can sponsor spouses, minor children (under age 21 and unmarried), parents, adult and married children and siblings.
  • Spouses, minor children and parents of U.S. citizens are in the immediate relative (IR) preference category—which means that they can immediately apply for their green card. The remaining family-based categories are divided into preference categories which determine how long the relative must wait before he can apply for a green card. Each month, the U.S. Department of State issues a Visa Bulletin (http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html) with updated information on the waiting times for individuals in each category.
  • Legal Permanent Residents can sponsor spouses and unmarried children.



  • Assist clients who are eligible in an employment-based (EB) category:
  • Foreign nationals seeking to immigrate permanently to the U.S.in order to work may pursue permanent status through employment-based immigrant visas. Each EB category has different educational and experiential requirements and limitations.
  • There are also preference categories for employment-based visas which determine when the foreign national can apply for a green card. The information on waiting times is also listed in the U.S. Department of State Visa Bulletin.

First preference, EB-1:  Priority Workers

  • Extraordinary Abilities- in sciences, arts, education, business or athletics which have been demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim and whose achievements have been recognized in the field through extensive documentation.
  • Outstanding Professors or Researchers- recognized internationally as outstanding in a specific academic arena, have three years of experience in teaching or research in the academic area.
  • Multinational Executives and Managers- employed abroad for one year (in last three years) by a firm or corporation or other legal entity or an affiliate or subsidiary and seeks to enter the U.S. to continue to render services to the same employer, or subsidiary or affiliate, in a managerial or executive capacity.

Second preference, EB-2:  Members of the Professions Holding Advanced Degrees or Aliens of Exceptional Ability

  • Members of the professions holding an advanced degree or the equivalent or who because of their exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business will substantially benefit prospectively the national economy, cultural or educational interests, or welfare of the United States, and whose services in the sciences, arts, professions, or business are sought by an employer in the United States.

Third preference, EB-3:  Professionals, Skilled and Other Workers.

  • Professionals- individuals who hold a baccalaureate degree (or foreign university equivalent) and persons who are members of the professions
  • Skilled Workers- individuals with full-time permanent jobs requiring at least 2 years training or work experience.
  • Other Workers includes foreign workers with less than two years of training and work experience.

Fifth preference, EB-5:  Immigrant Investor:

  • Basic program- investors who invest at least $1,000,000 (or in certain circumstances 500,000) in new commercial enterprises that employ at least 10 qualifying U.S. workers full-time within two years of the immigrant investor’s admission to the U.S. as a Conditional Permanent Resident, and engage in business through day-to-day management or policy formation.
  • If the project is in a Targeted Employment Area (TEA) then the investment amount may be a minimum of $500,000.
  • Regional Center Program- permits investment through regional centers and relaxes the job creation requirements so that jobs may be proven through direct or indirect employment.



  • Assist individuals to apply for asylum in the U.S.

An asylee is a person who meets the definition of a refugee in the INA, but who is either physically present in the U.S. or at a land border or port of entry of the U.S. at the time that he seeks refuge.

  • Assist individuals who have been admitted to the U.S. as refugees—and have lived in the country for a year—to apply for a green card.
  • According to the Immigration & Nationality Act (INA), a refugee is a person outside of his or her country of nationality who, because of a “well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion,” is unable or unwilling to return to that country and is unable or unwilling to avail him or herself of the protection of that country.
Green Cards

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *